Quick Summer Seafood Dishes | Food
It’s officially summer and the kids are off school but not us.
What’s worse than coming home tired from a long day at work to a hungry child?
Seafood is quick and easy, and best of all, the kids can all help. Seafood like lobster is very expensive, but with B&D Trawling’s great prices, you can indulge yourself once in a while, especially in the summer, and two pounds is enough for four servings.
Here are some recipes to try as a family.
Avocado Lobster Wrap
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
9oz (about 13/4 cups) steamed
lobster meat, chopped (from 2 lbs.
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons two percent fat Greek
1 tablespoon chopped Scotch bonnet
1 green onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 medium avocado, diced
8 medium romaine lettuces
4 low carb whole wheat tortillas
(8 inches), room temperature
1. Steam the lobster meat for 15 minutes and cut it into small pieces.
2. In a medium bowl, combine light mayonnaise, yogurt, pepper, green onion and parsley. Add the lobster, squeeze the lemon juice over the lobster and mix well.
3. Place two lettuce leaves on each wrap, top with about 1/3 cup of lobster salad and 1/4 of the avocado. Wrap, folding the edges slightly and slice diagonally.
Penne with prawns and spring vegetables
Nothing beats knowing that your meal can be prepared in less than 20 minutes, while enjoying it as if it had been prepared in a five-star restaurant.
We are sure that you are always looking for ways to make my life easier.
How about penne with prawns and spring vegetables?
The prawns take seconds to thaw and in no time a delicious dish was on the table. Not only does it taste good, but it’s also healthy.
Preparation time: 8 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Coarse salt and ground pepper
12 ounces of penne
11b green bean
1 lb frozen peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed
8 oz snow peas, trimmed and
halved on the diagonal
3 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup crumbled feta (4 ounces)
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the penne five minutes less than al dente. Add asparagus; cook for three minutes.
2. Add shrimp and snow peas; cook for two minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta mixture and return to pot.
3. To pasta mixture, add oil, lemon juice, garlic and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Gently stir in feta and mint; adjust to desired consistency with a little pasta water if needed. Serve immediately.
Spicy salmon with mustard sauce
If you’ve never had spicy salmon with mustard sauce, you’re missing out. The good thing about salmon is that it literally takes minutes to cook. Spicy Salmon with Mustard Sauce is so easy even a caveman can make it. It’s all in the making of the sauce.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
2 tsp whole grain mustard
1 tsp of honey
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
4 (6 ounces) salmon fillets
1. Preheat grill.
2. Combine first six ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a fork.
3. Rub the mustard mixture evenly over each fillet.
4. Place fillets, skin side down, on jelly roll pan sprayed with cooking spray. Grill for eight minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork, then serve with rice or potatoes.