In the Kitchen: Buttered Porterhouse Steaks
In the kitchen today we welcome Chef Nick Rabar from Avenue N who cooks buttery sirloin steaks. This recipe should take about 20 minutes and serve 2.
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch of cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- In a cast iron skillet, pour the olive oil and sear the steaks on one side.
- Flip and add half the butter and baste.
- Remove the steaks once cooked and let rest.
- Add garlic, shallots and mushrooms. Sauté until caramelized.
- Add sherry and reduce by half.
- Add the rest of the butter and the fresh herbs, coat the steaks with pan sauce.
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of the individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each entrant Rhode show sponsor. Sponsored content is the property of its respective sponsor, unless otherwise noted.