Ed’s Lobster Bar offers classic and innovative seafood dishes
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be out of date. Please look at the timestamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
NEW YORK — With a fresh take on seafood, Ed’s Lobster Bar prepares classic and innovative dishes every day.
Chef Ed McFarland concocted his homemade shellfish stew recipe for PIX11 from his winter menu.
Ed’s Lobster Bar in SoHo is open Monday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
The Sag Harbor location is open from noon to 9 p.m. Thursday through Sunday.
Shellfish Stew Ingredients
- 8 molds
- 4 clams
- 1 scallop
- 1 giant butterfly prawn
- 1 lobster claw
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz. clam juice
- 6 oz. Lobster & Stock
- Pinch of anchovies
Seafood Stew Instructions
- Cook the lobster claw for 5 minutes in boiling water
- Heat a 12 inch sauté pan
- Add oil
- Sear the scallops and shrimp
- Add mussels and clams
- Add clam juice and lobster broth
- Bring to a boil
- Add a pinch of anchovies
- Add the lobster claw
- Once the mussels and clams are open, place the dish in a bowl
- Add roasted red pepper crostini on top of the dish (recipe below)
Roasted Red Pepper Crostini Ingredients
- 3 roasted red peppers
- 1 oz. anchovy
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese
- 2 pinches of chives
- 1-inch slice of Italian bread or baguette
Roasted Red Pepper Instructions
- Italian bread toast/baguette slice
- Chop the remaining ingredients
- Mix the remaining ingredients together
- Spread on toasted Italian bread/baguette
- Add on top of the ramen
Suggest a fix