Crispy Chicken Steaks in the Oven – Between Carpools
This is how chicken will once again become an important main dish.
I love it when I get a recipe from Ruchi D. in my inbox, I know it will be something simple yet classy and it will taste amazing. The original recipe goes back to her sister-in-law’s mother-in-law who got it from a friend.
Chicken steaks are basically a quarter leg of partially deboned chicken – this used to be a special request from your butcher, but lately it can be found in most major supermarkets. We love that even though it’s chicken, it’s different and a step up from your usual chicken dish. And it’s pretty on the plate and it smells good when it’s cooking.
Can’t find chicken steaks? This recipe works great with black chicken cutlets (for baby).
Breaded chicken steaks
- 6 chicken steaks
- 1 egg and 1 egg white or 2 egg whites
- salt, garlic powder and onion powder
- 1 cup panko
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons apricot jam
- 4 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 5 tablespoons chicken soup
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a deep plate, whisk together the eggs, salt, garlic and onion powder. Place the panko crumbs mixed with the cornflake crumbs in a second dish.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then in the panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Once hot, add the chicken and fry for just 2 minutes on each side until just the outside is crispy and golden brown.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce. Add all the ingredients and mix well. Pour the sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Place the chicken on the sauce and cook for 1h30 uncovered.
Interactions with the reader