Best Seafood Dishes in Chicago for the Lenten Season
Sushi and boiled seafood aren’t your only choice when it comes to tasty experiences this Lenten season in Chicago! Discover some of the best seafood dishes at our favorite restaurants in and around Chicago, and expand your Lenten menu this year! As the city lifts the vaccination mandate, it’s time to go back to the restaurant and celebrate life, don’t you think!
- We love crispy Sunda rice with or without Lent, that’s for sure. But if you are looking for an elevated dining experience during Lent, definitely check out their menus. Our top picks include:
- Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice: with spicy tuna, masago, chives, sriracha, rayu, serrano
- $5 shrimp skewers: – Available during HAPPY HOUR, made with Garlic Marinated Shrimp and Lemon
- Signature Rolls – Available during HAPPY HOUR, choose between Sake (salmon and avocado), Spicy Tuna (marinated jalapeno, spicy mayo) and Shrimp (shrimp tempura, cucumber, spicy mayo and unagi sauce)
118 Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, IL 60523
Spend Lent enjoy Antico Posto favorites, including Pistachio crusted walleye with mashed potatoes, spinach and herb butter sauce for $22.95, plus tax, and the Pesto salmon with grilled asparagus, risotto cake and herb butter for $26.95 plus tax. Both dishes are available for lunch and dinner, as well as take-out and delivery.
616 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611
- There’s almost no better place to enjoy the season of Lent than one of our favorite seafood restaurants – Lure Fishbar! Honestly everything on the menu is good. But if you have to force us to choose, here are our top 3 picks aside from their delicious sushi, rolls, and seafood platters:
- Shrimp Po’Boy Slider — Available during Happy Hour, served with Gremolata, Onion, Pickle, Lettuce & Tomato
- Miso Glazed Salmon — with sugar snap peas, mushrooms and pea shoots
- Grilled tuna burger — with wasabi mayonnaise, brioche bread and cucumber salad
North River, Fulton Market, Streeterville, Oak Brook
During Lentsavor Beatrix’s favorite dishes, including the Blackened Fish Tacos and Miso Glazed Faroese Salmon available for weekday lunch service and evening dinner service. For those looking for vegetarian and vegan options, try the Quinoa Mushroom Burger, Wild Mushroom Teriyaki Bowl Where Brussels Sprouts Kung Pao.
620 N State St, Chicago, IL 60654
Every Friday during LentOsteria Via Stato offers its signature Seafood stew with shrimp, scallops, market fish in a tomato broth, served with crispy garlic ciabatta bread for $23.95 plus taxes (tip not included). This special offer is available on site, to take away and on delivery.
837 W Fulton Market, Chicago, IL 60607
Yes, yes… We felt a bit compelled to include at least one oyster feast spot, so we thought we should highlight a hidden gem that we hadn’t talked about much before! In addition to their awesome happy hour oyster offering, you’ll also find plenty of items to meet your Lenten dietary needs, including their clam fry, mouth mussels, and wild striped bass.
317 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60654
Who said pizza and fish don’t mix? This of Lent season you can enjoy the Pizzeria Portofino Mediterranean Branzino with Olive Castelvetrano, Salmoriglio, Frisée, Charred Lemon. Change your impression that the season of Lent is all about light meals and treat yourself to hearty yet healthy pizza!
Did you know that Epic Burger has a bunch of delicious fish sandwiches? No? Well, now you do. From March 1 to May 1, Epic Burger will launch the Epic Fish Sandwich for a limited time, featuring IPA beer battered cod and served with lettuce, pickle and tartar sauce. While you’re there, also check out their Charm’s shake, full of St. Patrick’s Day vibes! The shake is also available from March to early May.
1147 S Delano Ct East, Chicago, IL 60605
Feel like hot pot is all about the meat? Think twice! The X Pot will satisfy all your food cravings during Lent with its Sea Lobster Rack and premium seafood selections. And to start your culinary experience, be sure to try their delicious Toro Tartare! They also have premium oysters and sushi if you’re not in the mood for fondue.
3 E Main St, St. Charles, IL 60174
Lovingly abbreviated as TGO by their patrons, The Graceful Ordinary is a perfect spot for a light but delicious fish feast if you’re near St. Charles. Savor their steamed mussels, wood-fired halibut, or upgrade your experience with grilled whole fish! As the weather warms up, we highly recommend sitting out on their patio so you can watch the river glisten in the sunshine.
Featured Image Credit: Internal