1. FREE at Exeter University - struck by the clarity of John Risbridger's talks, the numbers attending and the way that Bostons Tea Party is a great venue. Encouraged by Dan giving his first lunchbar talk. Dan and Catherine led the evenings well and seeing a Relay worker being given a rose, in public, by a student, at an evangelistic moment was priceless. Big up the local church guys and the SW relays for serving. Christianity Explored starts on Monday in Wetherspoons, and I've heard of at least a couple of students who chose to become Christians during the week.
3. FREE at Bath University - I love the CU at my alma mater, they've made it normal to have two weeks like this each year (November and February) which is great, and they learn how to run them well because of this. Charlie Skrine and his team were excellent but all the events stand on a sure foundation of genuine friendships that the CU members have with other students. Bitesize course starts Thursday in Starbucks.
4. News on UCCF Bloggers from other FREE weeks around the country last week. And more to come! Good stories from Newcastle, Southampton, Surrey and more...
5. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Great fx, captivating story, unlikeable characters that left me pondering time and relationships. More to think on yet. First cinema trip since Question of Sport back in October.
6. Kenny, Claudia and Hannah. I always enjoy time with the staff. Alex and Jim next week. Especially in the context of CU mission weeks and when we've been able to open up Genesis 14, Galatians 6 and 1 Corinthians 14 together.
7. The Freedom of a Christian by Martin Luther. Outstanding. Review to follow. Great on union with Christ, great on the word of God (Bible, gospel and world-making). I have it as a book, but you can read online at Theology Network