Ecclesiastes - the careful teacher compared life under the sun with life with God's judgement... whatever you have without God's judgement is vanity (whether time or wisdom or even God)... the alternative: life resurrected under Christ, is glory!
- Ceryn reviews Humility and posts some poetry inspired by Luke's gospel.
- Ed is amazed by the cross.
- Paul is engaged in the charismatic pillowfight.
As I continue my adventues into Church History, I've followed up Phil Johnson's History of Calvinism, by starting to listen to his survey of heresies beginning with vs. Pelagius. Phil is helpfully progressing with his wise insights into the cessationism / continuationism in the charismatic discussion.On my mind are:
- "not to us" : worship leader & musician's training for south east UCCF Christian Unions next month... who's it for, the words we sing, and how to use your gifts and stay humble...
- Galatians 6 - to speak at Reading CU
- Matthew 18 - to speak at Bath CU
- Habakkuk and Titus, for other study
- 2 Chronicles 1-9 - my overdue staff study project!!
- How to answer Q6 in the series on The Necessity of Atheism: "If grace does everything for them, what reason would he have for recompensing them?" (noticed by Ant Adams)