The WHSmith guide suggests that you
1. Sleep with as many people as you can before ChristmasLet me suggest a few things.
2. Avoid evangelical Christians and their free food
1. Consider Jesus. Take your time at University to at least read the Bible and see who Jesus is. And get some help from the Christian Union to do that.
2. Get connected with your Christian Union and live for Jesus and speak for Jesus together.
3. Get accused of preaching lawlessness. Seriously.
4. Consider doing missions when dying is gain - Christ trumps everything anyone could offer you.
5. Get committed to one local church as soon as possible... and consider Joshua Harris' advice on choosing a church (fleshed out in Stop Dating the Church)
Is this a church where God’s word is faithfully taught?6. Remember God is concerned about what you study and how you study. Think about how your course and your worldview conflict and compare.
Is this a church where sound doctrine matters?
Is this a church in which the gospel is cherished and clearly proclaimed?
Is this a church that is committed to reaching non-Christians with the gospel?
Is this a church whose leaders are characterized by humility and integrity?
Is this a church where people strive to live by God’s word?
Is this a church where I can find and cultivate Godly relationships?
Is this a church where members are challenged to serve?
Is this a church that is willing to kick me out?
Is this a church I’m willing to join “as is” with enthusiasm and faith in God?
7. Enjoy God's grace. Daily. Always. Study your course and study God's word - and let God transform you.
8. Remember Grace is Enough. It is not possible to blow it too badly. Let yourself be rebuked, corrected and humbled.
9. Love God's people. Mix with other Christians and learn from them.
10. Graduate well. Graduate to keep living for Jesus and speaking for Jesus. Think ahead.